About Blog

Information and inspiration on psychology, coaching, motivation and living a purposeful life.

Check out Lisa's website: http://www.lisawalsh.org/ for free resources & information on the services which she provide as a coach & speaker.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Defriending Negatron's

I have taken the radical steps of defriending a couple of 'friends' that were not really 'friends' in the first place. I decided to boycott Facebook for a few weeks. What I realised was that it's not about the person or the comments, but rather my sensitivity to toward's what they said. I work with clients to develop stronger inner confidence and not to be swayed by other people's reactions and here I was defensively reading far too much into a couple of comments.

One commented on my latest blogpost about achieving all you can in 2012 and felt that if I was achieving I wouldn't be writing about it and another of her 'friends' alluded to the fact that people that wrote about making changes in the new year would still be talking about making them next year. To these people I say thank you. After a bit of hurt and dismay I can see the wisdom in their words and it has provided me with a valuable lesson in dealing with criticism. With my first book nearing completion I have realised that my book does not have to be loved by everyone and nor do I. What matters is that the people that are drawn to read it do and the people that are'nt please don't. Also that people that are brave enough to follow their own path will receive both praise and criticism, but what matters is your opinion of yourself.

Therefore I urge you to follow your own path and know that you can't change people's reactions to you, but you can change your reactions to them.

If you have a burning desire to do something why not go ahead and actually do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment